Nothing better than crunchy cutlets dipped in our fruity sauce in this cold weather! If you’re looking for a quick snack to prepare for an event, chicken cutlet is the way to go! Check out our easy recipe:
- 2 Chicken breasts, skin removed
- 2 medium eggs
- Fine salt and pepper to taste
- 150 g breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp parsley/ thyme
- 4 tsp salted butter
- Olive oil
1. Slice each chicken breast horizontally across the middle to make 4 fillets. Cover with cling film and, using a rolling pin, pound each fillet until it is about 0.5cm thick.
2. In a shallow dish, beat the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Place the breadcrumbs on a plate and mix in the herbs. Take each piece of chicken and dip it first in the egg, then coat in the herby breadcrumbs.
3. Melt the butter with the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the chicken for about 2 to 5 minutes on each side, until cooked through. You may need to cook the chicken in batches, depending on the size of your pan – use a teaspoon of butter and olive oil per chicken piece. (Use more butter or a little oil if the breadcrumbs have soaked it up before you turn the chicken, or if you want your cutlets to be extra crunchy.)