Aquafaba is the starchy liquid that beans, especially Chickpeas have been cooked in. It is also the liquid in a can of beans.
And interestingly, it can be used as:
- An egg white and whole egg replacer in baked goods like pancakes and muffins
- To make egg-free meringue or pavlova
- To make whipped desserts vegan, like chocolate mousse.
- To make vegan buttercream
- To make vegan whipped cream or ice cream
- To make vegan mayonnaise or aioli
- To make extra creamy hummus
- To make vegan butter
- In thicken soups