Let’s teach you how to make this fancy dessert! MACAROONS – They may seem difficult to make but with our super easy to follow recipe you’ll be able to make it like a pro!
Serving – 30 Macaroons
- 1 ¾ cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup almond flour – finely grounded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg whites
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 drops food colouring – of your choice
- For Vanilla Butter cream:
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Combine sugar, almond flour, ½ tsp salt – mix until extra fine. Then sift the mixture into a large bowl
- In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites and add the remaining ½ tsp salt until a soft peak is formed. Gradually add the sugar until fully incorporated. Continue to beat the mixture until a stiff peak is formed (the mixture should not fall out if you turn the bowl upside down)
- Add vanilla and food colouring until combined.
- Add 1/3 of the sifted almond flour mixture at a time to the egg white mixture and gently fold using a spatula until combined. After the last addition of almond flour, continue to fold slowly until the batter falls into ribbons and you can make a figure 8 while holding the spatula up.
- Transfer the macaroon batter into a piping bag fitted with a round tip
- Place 4 dots of the batter in each corner of a rimmed baking sheet, and place a piece of parchment paper over it, using the batter to help adhere the parchment to the baking sheet.
- Pipe the macaroons onto the parchment paper in 1½-inch (3-cm) circles, spacing at least 1-inch (2-cm) apart.
- Tap the baking sheet on a flat surface 5 times to release any air bubbles.
- Let the macaroons sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour, until dry to the touch.
- Preheat the oven to 300˚F (150˚C).
- Bake the macaroons for 17 minutes, until the feet are well-risen and the macaroons don’t stick to the parchment paper.
- Transfer the macaroons to a wire rack to cool completely before filling.
For Vanilla Butter cream:
- In a large bowl, add the butter and beat with a mixer for 1 minute until light and fluffy. Sift in the powdered sugar and beat until fully incorporated. Add the vanilla and beat to combine. Add the cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, and beat to combine, until desired consistency is reached.
- Transfer the butter cream to a piping bag fitted with a round tip
- Add a dollop of butter cream to one macaroon shell. Top it with another macaroon shell to create a sandwich. Repeat with remaining macaroon shells and butter cream.
AND TADA! All done – Easy Peasy! Enjoy!