1. Roll out dough to a 20-by-16-inch rectangle, trimming edges if necessary. Using a ruler, cut into twenty 4-inch squares and transfer to one of three parchment-lined baking sheets, leaving an even amount of space between squares until you have two sheets with 7 squares each, and one sheet with 6 squares.
2. Working with one square at a time, fold in half to form a triangle. Using a sharp pizza wheel, make a cut parallel to one of the short sides of the triangle, about 1/4 inch from the edge, stopping about 1/8 inch from the opposite short side. Make a second cut parallel to the opposite short side, about 1/4 inch from the edge, stopping about 1/8 inch from the first line. (Make sure lines do not meet.)
3. Unfold triangle back into a square and brush egg wash along edges. Fold outer cut corners over to opposite inside corners. Press borders down to seal. Repeat with remaining squares. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm spot until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
For the Custard filling:
1. Mix two egg yolks and 60g sugar. Mix well until sugar dissolves.
2. Add 25g cornstarch, mix until fully incorporated.
3. In a pan, heat 240ml milk at 80 – 90 degrees.
4. Pour milk in the egg mixture. Mix while pouring to prevent egg from cooking.
5. Let cook on low heat – stir well for about 10mins.
6. Keep in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake,until deep golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Fill with one layer of custard and one layer of jam.
- Garnish with Strawberries and mint on top !
- Pastries are best served the same day.Enjoy!