Looking for a quick and easy snack/ appetizer? How about some delicious prawn and veggies skewers marinated in our smoky BBQ sauce along with our favorite salade gato pima and samoussa!
- 12 large raw prawns (Quantity – to your preference)
- 2 tbsp Smoky BBQ Sauce
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds , toased and ground
- couple of oregano sprigs, leaves finely chopped, or 1⁄2 tsp dried
- juice and zest of 1 large lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Veggies (To your preference)
- 12 mini wooden skewers
1. Soak the skewers in a bowl of water for 10 mins. Meanwhile, peel the prawns, leaving the tails intact, and devein. To do this, run a sharp knife down the back, making a tiny incision just enough to remove the visible black vein. Wash the prawns and pat dry with kitchen paper.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the paprika, garlic, cumin, oregano, lemon zest and 1 tbsp olive oil. Add the prawns and leave to marinate for 15 mins at room temperature. Then skewer a prawn onto each stick.
3. Heat the remaining oil in a roomy frying pan and fry the prawns for 3-4 mins, turning halfway through until just cooked. You may need to do this in batches. Season, squeeze over some lemon juice and serve.