- 250 gram All purpose flour/Maida
- 250 gram Sugar
- 200 gram Unsalted Butter
- 2/3 cup Yogurt
- 1.5 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/3 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 1/3 teaspoon Almond extract
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 3 Cup Whipping cream
- 4 tbsp Icing Sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon Yellow food colour
- 300 gram Rasmalai
- 1/3 cup sliced pistachios
- 2 tbsp Rose petals
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C temperature for 10 minutes. Grease two 8 inch cake tins with little oil/butter and place parchment paper in the base, or you can dust with little flour after greasing with oil.
2. In a mixing bowl, sieve together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix them well and keep aside.
3. In another mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar together with electric beater, on medium-high speed until they are fluffy and creamy, scraping the sides in between. Add yogurt and beat again until mixed well.
4. Now add half of the flour mix and beat for 1 minute. After that, add rest of the flour mix, and milk to it and beat again so that the batter is nicely done.
5. Add cardamom powder and almond extract now and beat again for half minute.
6. Pour this batter to the baking tins dividing half in each tin and bake for 30-35 minutes. After that check the cake by inserting a toothpick or knife in the centre, if it comes out clean then take the tins out otherwise bake for few more minutes.
7. Take a mixing bowl and add the whipping cream. Start whipping it on medium high speed until soft peaks occur. Add icing sugar, little ras from rasmalai and 5-6 drops of yellow food colour.
8. Start whipping the cream on low speed to mix the sugar, then increase the speed to medium- high and whip until stiff peaks occurs. Do not over beat otherwise it will turn into butter.
9. Refrigerate the cream for 10 minutes.
10. Once the cakes are completely cooled,divide both of them into 2 layers with the help of a knife or cake slicer. This way we will have 4 pieces of cake altogether. Separate Rasmalai pieces and ras in 2 bowls. Squeeze extra ras from pieces of rasmalai, and crumble them into small pieces.
11. Now, take a cake board and put a tablespoon of whipped cream on it and spread a little. Place the first layer of cake on it. Spread 2 tablespoon of ras(milk from rasmalai) all over it. Now spread crumbled rasmalai pieces over the cake layer and then cover the layer with whipped
cream in circular motions. Smooth it with a spatula or cake decorating knife.
12. Place the second layer of cake and repeat the same process. Once the second layer is covered and smooth, place the third layer and repeat the process again.
13. Now place the 4th and final layer and repeat the process of spreading ras all over it. Start spreading little whipped cream all over and smooth with spatula. Place the cake in fridge for 10-15 minute.
14. After that, take it out and apply more whipped cream all over the cake and smooth out the edges. T14. Decorate the cake with cream rosettes or any other design.
15. After that, place few pieces of rasmalai on top, and garnish the cake with sliced pistachios and rose petals. Place the cake in fridge for sometime before serving.