The Graham Wafer Crust:
2 1/2 cups graham wafer crumbs
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
5 eggs – separated into whites and yolks
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 pound cream cheese
5 egg yolks
An additional 2/3 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup thick sour cream (Do not use sour cream that is reduced in fat content)
1/2 to 1 cup of Sunny Hi-Fruit Jam Strawberry to spread on for the topping.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
1. Mix together the graham wafer crumbs, sugar and melted butter and press the mixture evenly on the bottom and sides of a 9-inch spring for pan.
1. Beat the egg whites to form stiff but moist peaks.
2. Gradually beat in the 1/4 cup sugar and beat until stiff and shiny.
3. In a new bowl, put the cream cheese and beat until softened. Beat in the 5 egg yolks, one at a time.
4. Gradually beat in, in the following order:
5. The remaining 2/3 cups sugar
6. The lemon juice
7. The flour
8. The vanilla
9. The sour cream.
10. When all mixed together, fold in the egg white mixture
11. Pour into the prepared graham wafer crust pan.
12. Bake for 1 1/4 hours, or until almost set. Cool before adding the topping.
Warm the jam a little to make spreading easier. Just put your jam into saucepan and heat a little, then spread onto the cheesecake.