- 1 cup Sunny Peas
- 3 Onions , ground into a paste
- 5 cloves Garlic , finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Ginger , finely chopped
- 2 Tomatoes , pureed
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (Garam masala)
- Salt , to taste
- Coriander Leaves , finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Yogurt (Dlight Nature)
- 2 Cloves
- 2 cinnamon stick
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter
1. In a heavy bottomed pan, heat oil on medium flame. Once the oil is hot, reduce it to a low flame, add bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cardamom and cloves.
2. Once the aroma of the spices start wafting in the air, add chopped garlic & ginger and sauté until the raw smell goes away. This will take about a minute or two.
3. Next, add onion paste, tomato puree and saute until the raw smell of onions goes away. This will take about 5 minutes.
4. Then add all the dry spice powders including turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, red chilli powder and salt to taste.
5. Mix them well and add 2 tablespoons of water to the mixture to avoid burning of the spices.
6. Once the spices are well cooked, add required water to get the required consistency of your choice. Boil for 3 to 4 minutes.
7. Next, add the yogurt and cpeas and let the Green Peas Masala cook on a low flame for 5 minutes.
8. Finally, switch off the gas and add a dollop of butter and chopped coriander leaves on top.
9. Serve with rice or Farata! Enjoy!