It’s super moist & buttery and sweet with the most delicious Hi Fruit strawberry Jam inside.
The secret is instead of layering, mix some jam with the batter.
- 1 and 3/4 cups (219g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (120g) full-fat sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (optional but recommended!)
- 1/3 cup Sunny Hi Fruit jam
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C) and grease a loaf pan.
2. Make the cake: Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.
3. With a mixer beat the butter and sugar together on high speed until creamy, about 1 minute.
4. With the mixer running on low speed, add the eggs one at a time, then add the sour cream, vanilla and almond extracts. Beat on medium-high speed until combined.
5. With the mixer running on low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients. Beat everything just until incorporated.
6. Spoon 1/2 cup of batter into a smaller bowl. Stir in Hi fruit strawberry jam.
7. Spoon most (about 2/3) of the plain batter into the prepared loaf pan, followed by all of the Hi fruit jam batter. Then spread the remaining plain batter on top as best you can.
8. Using a knife, swirl the layers together. Bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour, 10 minutes.
9. The cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out *mostly* clean with zero raw batter.