Chicken Satay is a popular Asian appetizer – Easy to make, you can prepare this dish for lunch, dinner or even as a snack! It’s just mouth-watering. Check out the recipe:
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 ½ tsp yellow curry powder
- 1 ½ tsp turmeric
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 pounds chicken thighs cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For Peanut sauce:
- 3 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp squeezed lime juice
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp chilli garlic sauce
- 1 tsp ginger
- To make the peanut sauce, whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, chilli garlic sauce and ginger in a small bowl. Whisk in 2-3 tablespoons water until desired consistency is reached; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut milk, soy sauce, curry powder, turmeric, garlic, ginger, brown sugar and fish sauce.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken and coconut milk mixture; marinate for at least 2 hours to overnight, turning the bag occasionally.
- Drain the chicken from the marinade, discarding the marinade.
Preheat grill to medium high heat. Thread chicken onto skewers. Brush with canola oil; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add skewers to grill, and cook, turning occasionally, until the chicken is completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 12-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately with peanut sauce.